Our silk thrives in water...
- In a tub or basin, prepare the water at cool temperature with minimum detergent, evenly distributed.
- Submerge your Nouvelle piece and 'dip-dip' or soak for 15 minutes if it needs more cleaning time.
- Rinse clean with plenty of water.
- Lightly pat dry or shake the water off. To avoid unnecessary creasing-avoid wringing or squeezing.
- Hang or flat dry for a casual look. Steam/iron for a more polished look.
- Prepare the cool water with a splash of detergent.
- Turn the piece inside out. Use a washing bag or pillow case to protect the delicate fibers.
- A delicate cycle is preferred on a low spin setting.
- Take it out of the machine as soon as the cycle is complete to avoid wrinkling. Shake it, shape it and lay it flat or hang. (Note: the delicate straps of camisoles may stretch when hung).
- In a hurry- dress and go.
- Have time- steam or iron on medium heat to enhance the fiber's beautiful lustre.
- If you must